What information do we collect?
In order to improve and personalize your experience of the website we do collect some information from our users. We may request or collect the following information from our users at any time:
Personally Identifiable Information (Personal Information) – The only personally identifiable information we may ever request from users of will be an e-mail address. This is in order to further enhance your experience on the website by sending out newsletters. You do not have to provide this information to us at any time, although this does mean we will be unable to provide you with the newsletter service.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information – When you interact with the website and use our services, we may collect non-personally identifiable information from you automatically. This information is not able to identify you or any personal information about you. Data may include browser type, screen resolution, etc. This information is purely used for analytical and aggregation purposes, to help us further improve the website and the services we provide.
How is collected information used?
The first and most important point to stress is that will never sell or rent the information collected to any third parties. Below is a detailed explanation of how any collected information may be used (both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable).
Personally Identifiable Information (Personal Information) – The only time we will ever use this information is to provide the newsletter service to you. This personal information will never be sold, shared or rented to any third parties. We believe our newsletter service provides an enhanced experience of the website, however it is not compulsory to provide this information to theselectedfew.com.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information – This information is not able to identify you or any personal details about you and is used solely for analytical and aggregation purposes. We use this information to learn about different behavior and patterns of our users, including what type of content they like and dislike. We may sometimes share this information with third parties and advertising partners in order to tailor the type of advertisements you see on the website. This further enhances your experience of the website, by showing you the type of content that you enjoy. This non-personally identifiable information is completely stripped back of anything which may personally identify you in any way.
Protection – We reserve the right to disclose any information we feel necessary for the protection of us and our users. We may access, read, keep and disclose anything reasonably necessary in order to:
- Satisfy any applicable laws, governmental request, regulations or legal processes.
- Detect, prevent or address any security, technical issues or fraud.
- Respond to queries from users or respond to support requests.
- Protect all of our rights, our users, the public, our property and our safety.
This may include exchanging information with third party companies in order to address any safety or technical issues or to prevent spyware and malware.
What are your privacy choices?
Using this website safely and securely is of paramount importance. Therefore it is important that you understand your privacy choices and what how you can decide what happens to your information. Below are the choices you have in regards to your privacy:
- You can choose at any time not to give us any personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address. It is not mandatory to provide this information but we are unable to provide a newsletter service to those who do not provide an email address.
- You can choose to have your personally identifiable information removed from our database at any time. Please note that you will no longer be able to access our newsletter if you choose to have this information removed. You can ask for this information to be removed by sending us an email using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
- You can choose to manage cookies and stop any of your non-personally identifiable information from being collected by us and the website. More information on cookies can be found below.
- You can choose not to access any third party applications or websites from theselectedfew.com.
Information on cookies
- To remember any of your preferences when you are browsing the website.
- To customize the content and advertisements that we may provide throughout the website.
- To research and measure how effective our service is.
Cookies do not provide us with any personally identifiable information and can be declined at any time. If you wish to turn off cookies then please refer to your browser’s instructions. Please note that disabling cookies may impact the experience you have on our website.
There may be times in which we allow third party vendors to access the cookies provided by you, the user. This is in order to personalize your experience on the website. Third party vendors, such as Google, may use this information gathered in order to tailor your experience on other websites and on this website; this includes displaying relevant content and advertisements. Google uses the DoubleClick cookie, which will allow it to present users with advertisements based on the visits to our site and/or other websites that you may have visited elsewhere online. Advertisements provided are based on your interests and preferences, your likes, dislikes and other information picked up from the cookies. The same also applies to partners of Google. As a user of the website you are able to opt out of DoubleClick cookies, and any relevant advertising, at any time by visiting one of the following:
Our store is hosted on Ecwid Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Ecwid’s data storage, database and the general Ecwid application. Ecwid is always launched using a secure HTTPS connection. You can always verify this by inspecting your store’s network sessions. To indicate checkout is secure, Ecwid shows a message on the checkout page.
Ecwid does not handle your credit card information. In fact, Ecwid does not collect, store, or process such data in any way.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then that transaction is facilitated via the Clover Point of Sale system (Clover POS).
Information Clover Collects:
Clover may collect personal data from or on behalf of Merchants. Merchants determine the scope of the personal data transferred to Clover or that Clover collects, and the information Clover receives may vary by Merchant. Typically, the information Clover collects on behalf of Merchants includes:
When you make a payment via a Clover POS, Clover collects information about the transaction, which may include personal data. Information about transactions includes the payment card used, name associated with the payment card, the location of the merchant’s store, date and time of the transaction, transaction amount, and information about the goods or services purchased in the transaction.
Clover may collect additional information ancillary to the payment. This information may include:
- Customers’ email address or phone number, such as when the customer chooses to receive an electronic receipt
- Customers’ marketing preferences, such as whether the customer wishes to receive marketing communications or newsletters
- Information about participating customers’ activity in a merchant loyalty program
- Customers’ physical address, where needed for delivery of goods or services
- Other information the customer provides, such as birthdate, interests or preferences, reviews, and feedback
Clover may collect information about Merchants’ personnel and interactions with the Clover POS, such as clock-in and clock-out time and tips earned.
Merchants may provide Clover with additional information directly, via access they grant to them, or otherwise. The types of information that merchants may provide to Clover about their customers include email addresses, phone numbers, and purchase history. The types of information that merchants may provide to Clover about their personnel include email addresses, phone numbers, shifts, and sales history.
We may share personal data that we collect with:
- The Merchant from whom or on whose behalf we collected the personal data
- The platform on which our application runs, the Clover POS. You may view Clover’s Privacy Notice here.
- With third parties as a Merchant may direct
- With third party service providers that help us manage and improve the application
The Selected Few may disclose personal data to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal processes, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern our application; (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
Your Rights and Choices
To the extent that applicable law provides individuals with rights pertaining to their personal information, such as to review and request changes to their personal information, individuals should contact the Merchant with any requests pertaining to the Merchant’s use of our application. To the extent that Clover is responsible for responding to data subject rights requests under applicable law, individuals may contact Clover with applicable requests as explained in Clover’s Privacy Notice, https://www.clover.com/privacy-policy. The Selected Few will assist a Merchant, or Clover, as applicable, in responding to such requests subject to our contract with a Merchant or Clover.
Subject to our agreement with a Merchant, The Selected Few retains personal data for as long as necessary to (a) provide our products and services; (b) comply with legal obligations; (c) resolve disputes; and (d) enforce the terms of any agreement we may have with a Merchant. You may contact us for additional information about our data retention practices in connection with the application.
Questions or concerns?